The Elite Automobile Plant represents the postmining industry which was established with the support of the government after the closure of the Freiberg mines in 1913. Elite Motorenwerke AG in Brand-Erbisdorf was one of the many industrial firms to set up premises in Brand-Erbisdorf as mining ceased.
The factory built vehicles, bicycles, individual car parts and units, as well as equipment for automotive engineering. Around 1912, the company was employing more than 600 people at its subsidiary factory in Brand-Erbisdorf, and was primarily known for the vehicles produced under the name of “Elite”. The Elite vehicles were manufactured until 1928.
Built in 1912 and later extended, the preserved main and administrative building of the “Elite Motorenwerke AG” is an L-shaped establishment whose original building runs along Dammstraße (street), and the 1928 extension runs along the B101. This heavily structured two to three-storey brick house with prestigious façade spans a total length of 155 m.