The structures of the Hörnigschacht (shaft) of the Einigkeit Fundgrube (mine) date back to the 16th century and were modernised in the first half of the 19th century. An axle-bearing stone of the vertical axle of a horse gin erected on the shaft between 1833 and 1834 is preserved in situ on the heap. The administration and assembly building of 1837 (reused as a local mining museum since 1931), the small square powder house as well as the former wheel chamber of the shaft’s water pumping system are still in place. At the base of the heap the mouth of a trench, built in 1845, belongs to the former water column engine (1847) in the shaft. These structures document not only the typical architecture and function of mining sites, but also the developments that occurred following the cessation of mining.
The Thelersberg adit with its more than 50 km of headings represents the extraordinary achievements of miners in the Ore Mountains. It was the prerequisite for the installation of important water management systems and both pumping and hoisting technology from the 16th century onwards.