Of the numerous processing plants in the Schneeberg mining district, the only one to be preserved is the Siebenschlehen Pochwerk (stamp mill), which was part of the Fundgrube Siebenschlehen (mine) first mentioned at the end of the 15th century. In 1752 and 1753, it was built in its current form. The ores extracted from various mines were treated in special plants and then processed in the smalt works. These processing plants either belonged to specific mines, or alternatively, assumed the dressing of the ores on a paid labour basis.
From the 18th century, the Siebenschlehen Pochwerk developed into the principal processing plant for various mines in the Neustädtel area, which of- ten possessed no stamp mill of their own. These mines delivered the ores to the stamp mill, which were sealed and stored in their individual cobalt chambers until being dressed. The cobalt chambers of the Wolfgang Maßen Fundgrube (mine), and subsequently that of the Sauschwart Fundgrube (mine), were to be found in a building in the extension of the axis of the Steigerhaus. Today, the stamp mill consists of several ore dressing buildings of different ages set in a row. An Aufschlagwassergefluter (motive-water channel) runs on the slope side to provide the necessary water to operate the water wheel located at the stamp mill gable. The wooden stamp wheel, the related machines, hammer sets and shaking tables are reconstructed true to size.